We are looking to add a Manual Machinist (1st shift) Must have 3+ years experience setting up and operating a manual lathe or milling machine
We are a growing, stable “family-style” company committed to our employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
CNC operators need not apply, we do not have CNC
- Set up and operate Manual Lathe and Bridgeport, general shop tools.
- Evaluate machining requirements and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read blueprints and manufacture to print specifications.
- Capable of holding tolerances up to .002
- Proficient in the use micrometers, dial indicators, calipers.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area
- Perform basic routine maintenance on equipment.
- Self-motivated, team player who is comfortable working independently and with the team (engineering, project management)
- Contributes ideas to the design and machining process of our products
- Reliable with an attention to detail.
A minimum of 3 years of experience with manual mill and lathe.
Fits and assembles mechanical components to build, construct, rebuild, or repair machines and equipment by performing various duties.
These duties include:
- Assemble industrial machines
- Capable of identifying form, fit and function issues
- Analyses of assembly blueprints and specifications; plans machine building operations;
- Verifies conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints; reads complex blueprints; assembles drawings and schematic drawings (electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic) to determine work procedures and assembly process;
- Lays out hole locations and drills and taps holes on parts for assembly; aligns components for assembly of bolts, screws, dowels, or rivets;
- Understands pneumatic and hydraulic systems; verifies alignment and tolerances of moving parts; tests operation of assembly; assembles, sets-up, and operates machine to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer’s specifications.
- 3+ years of field service experience, preferably from the food machinery, robotics or automated machinery industries.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills are essential.
- send your resume mail to a friend
Mechanical Design Engineer
The job in this position involves detailed design of electro-mechanical components and systems using 3D solid modeling CAD SolidWorks, dimensioning and tolerance checking, generation of the detailed list of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Model in Solidworks: solid models of machines and parts from Cad drawings, Blue line drawings in hard copy prints.
- Create detail drawings from Solidworks models
- Work with engineers to design a robust system using customer and industry specifications, sketches, markups, and verbal communication. Perform necessary engineering calculations to assure sound detailed designs
- Insure drawings for accuracy and compliance with engineering standards.
- Create Bill of Materials and related drawing list in accordance with Colborne Foodbotics, LLC standards.
- Performs engineering change documents and drawing revisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2-3+ years of successful experience in Automated Machine and System Design.
- food related industry a plus.
- Conveyor design a plus
- Pumps and fluid dynamics a plus
- Experience with MS Office and an inventory management/Bill of Material system.
- S.M.E. or equivalent work experience in the food or food-related industry.
- Individual’s organization, accuracy and motivation is essential.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- send your resume mail to a friend